Skip To Main Content

School-Based Therapist

Mental Health Counseling

Bobbie Williams is the Community Health Network School-Based Therapist at Mt. Vernon High School. She has a Master’s Degree in Art Therapy with a focus in family therapy from the University of Louisville. Mrs. Williams has been doing school based therapy for 20+years.                                                                                                               

She is a licensed mental health worker (LMHC) and credentialed LCSW from Indiana. Bobbie is a professor in the graduate art therapy program with St. Mary of the Woods; she is also credentialed as a clinical supervisor (ATCS) through the American Art Therapy Association.                                                                                                               

Mrs. Williams will work hand in hand with teachers, school counselors, parents, and students. This partnership allows all of the caring adults working with students to quickly identify and respond to needs that may arise. Parents/guardians are consulted each step along the way and are active participants in planning and carrying out treatment.             

If you are interested in getting your child enrolled in services, parent can contact Community's School Based Office at any time to pre-register them in services. Pre-Registration phone: 317-621-5700 and tell them you want school based services.

Bobbie Williams, LCSW, LMHC Community Health Network: School Based Counseling High School office phone 317-485-3131 Ext: 1805 Office in Counseling Center Community Health Network VM- 317-621-7653 These email accounts are not answered after work hours. Please call Crisis if this is an emergency: 317-621-5700


  • What types of counseling services are provided? Services include: individual and family counseling, crisis intervention, skill building, medication evaluations and management, parent/teacher consultation, case management and mental health education/ awareness.
  • Who can make a referral? Parents or Counselors
  • Who can be referred for services? Any student with behavioral or emotional concerns.
  • What are common issues to be referred? Anger management, anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, behavior management, communication skills, depression, grief and loss, self-esteem, suicide and substance abuse issues are some common concerns of students who receive services.
  • How are services paid for? Most of the services are paid through medical insurance and the family is responsible. This can be discussed with the family prior to services beginning.
  • Can the Community therapist work with any student? Parents must agree to services and an initial assessment evaluation must be completed prior to the start of services. Counseling services are voluntary and parents can decline services.
  • Can the Community therapist complete a crisis assessment? Students presenting with suicidal or homicidal symptoms/ideation can be evaluated by the Community Health Network therapist as long verbal parental consent has been obtained. This evaluation determines the student’s level of risk and provides recommendations for treatment.
  • What are the rules of confidentiality? School staff should adhere to FERPA rules and should not provide information to Community staff until a release of information is signed by the parent. The Community staff will follow HIPPA rules and will need a signed consent to share information with the school.